Thursday, January 5, 2012

Orca Bay

Yes, well it's getting there!
I have all the parts made (although I am making only 35 blocks), but I have yet to start sewing them together.
Here are 6 blocks on the design wall.  You might notice that I have put the red strings against the light backgrounds rather than the dark, which gives me large black stars with "twinkly" points.  I'm leaning toward sewing it together that way.  There must be thousands of people around the world making this quilt, so check out what some of them are doing with theirs at Quiltville.  It's awesome to see the different colour schemes, and how fabulous they look.  Thanks so much, Bonnie, for making it possible for all of us!

3 comments:

  1. I've just added my Link to Bonnie's page and spotted your layout. I'm leaning towards putting my darker stars on the darker diagonals too. Loving the design and the subtle alterations that can be made to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours look great Bev. Will the top be done the next time I see you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it that way too! ;))

    http://quilterbob.blogspot.com/2011/12/bob-and-orca-bay.html

    ReplyDelete